Saturday, October 31, 2009

Windoze 7

In a fit of  enthusiasm, DH bought a copy of the aforementioned abomination    software and installed it yesterday on our main desktop computer downstairs.

What do I think ?  Disappointed is an understatement.

The display is pants rubbish, and unless you have it set on the largest font size, web pages on an old -fashioned monitor are appallingly difficult to read.It is very much designed for modern flat large LCD screens.
 I have tweaked and tweaked every possible setting and accessibility option, but to no avail. In order to read most of my web pages and Bloglines, I now have to scroll both horizontally and vertically to access all parts of each page. I am not a happy camper.

Of course, to try to get onto the 7 helpsite is nearly impossible because of the heavy  traffic..............

 It is certainly not intuitive to use; virtually every feature needs extensive configuration. It is not compatible with our soundcard, so we have no sound at all. So I can't listen to any Orthodox radio whilst I work :-(

DH, after making all sorts of grumbling noises at the hours he spent installing and configuring it all, wants to uninstall it and re-install good old Windoze XP forthwith, which does at least work, and work well.

Better the Devil you know than the Devil you don't know.........

At the moment, in our house, we have computers running Linux Ubuntu, XP, Vista, and 7. I still love my baby webook and Ubuntu :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Laura said...

We are a mac family...but I think I'l be getting this at work eventually. Now I'm not so excited about it because my computer is ancient!!!