Monday, October 26, 2009

Clutter

DD3 and I have spent a considerable amount of time and energy this morning, sorting  out her filthy pigsty tip abomination um, bedroom.

Sometimes I despair of ever persuading her that to keep her room the way she does is actually a health hazard. At one point this morning I was seriously contemplating offering it to the Center for Disease Control for research and decontamination......

We have completely sorted out about 2/3rds of the room so far, and it has been thoroughly cleaned. Three wastepaper bins full of rubbish and one large carrier bag of junk have been disposed of so far, and there is still much to do, but we are getting there.

It is only eight weeks since the last major "spring-clean" of this room and I cannot understand how much the clutter has mounted up since then, especially as I go in every week to do an "obvious junk, needs  throwing out" session.
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I'm sorry, I *have* to laugh at this!! Sounds like my kids' rooms, at a certain point in their lives! My daughter's room was a toxic waste dump for years, till one day she came home from school and said, "I don't want to be slothful anymore," cleaned up her room, and that was that. But when she was 10, it took me a solid week to clean out her room -- while she was visiting my mother in another state -- and, I believe, three large trash bags.

My son was never that bad, but I once spent two days cleaning out his room, and filled two trash bags. I don't know what it is about kids....