Sunday, October 04, 2009

Recently Read 2



"Come, Follow Me" chronicles an amazing year in the life of Mother Cassiana when she was in Moldavia (Romania). She lived and worked with the nuns at a monastery, and was sent on various obediences to visit other monastic foundations. The richness and depth of Orthodoxy in this area is wondrous and astonishing. I would really love to visit one day.....




I always enjoy reading things Jewish, and "Holy Days" was a fascinating look at the Hassidic world. Definitely another keeper !





After Michelle's glowing review, I simply had to read this one, and I am so glad that I did. I shall be reluctant to return this to the Library and simply must have my own copy :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

Glad you enjoyed it!