Friday, October 02, 2009

Funeral Day

The funeral and reception both went very well indeed today.

The Crematorium holds 400 and it was almost three-quarters full. I was delighted to see so many people there. One couple flew all the way from Abu Dhabi yesterday in order to attend the funeral...........

Mum took it all very hard, and had to follow the coffin in a wheelchair. She was too fragile and too wrung-out to walk. At the reception, she sat down and simply couldn't move to speak to people.

I had to do all the "meet and greet", which I found hard as there were so many of his colleagues, friends and neighbours I simply did not know. I managed, though. I saw Mum safely home and got home myself at 6.30pm.

I am absolutely exhausted, but so very glad the day went so very peacefully with no difficulties.

We gave my brother a good "send-off", so I am relieved, and Mum was happy that it went smoothly.

Thank you all for your prayers......
Share with friends using the share button below.

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

My continued love and prayers. Prayers also continuing for Mark.

Mimi said...

You have been at the top of my thoughts and prayers all day, dear Elizabeth. Coneinued prayers and love.

I'm glad it was a good send-off. May we all have such.

Memory Eternal.

s-p said...

Thank God. Hug your Mum for me. My mom still misses my brother after 7 years.

Michelle M. said...

My prayers for you and your family. I am glad that the say went well. May your brother's memory be eternal!

Ian Climacus said...

Continued love and prayers from Down Under. Thank you for sharing with us; I can but pray some comfort has been brought in the sharing. God bless.