Sunday, October 25, 2009

Recently Read




I have always loved Georgette Heyer's Regency novels and her  crime novels. I have never been quite so fond of her historical novels, finding them rather turgid, with the honourable exceptions of "An Infamous Army" and "The Spanish Bride". I saw "Royal Escape" about the English Civil War whilst in the Library and thought I would try it again, but I was no keener on it this time round than I was the last time.......









Ah, Hugh ! Hugh is the author and star of The River Cottage series about his life as a small-holder, rearing and catching his own food. He has produced many highly successful cookbooks (and yes,  I do have one of them , LOL). This is a collection of his published articles about restaurants, chefs, famous restaurants and food in general, published in newspapers and magazines over a lengthy period. Absolutely hilarious.








The new TP book ! I am not a particular fan of The Beautiful Game, but the journey of the wizards of the Unseen University into forming - under duress- their very own football team is utterly priceless. I savoured every word :-)  Terry Pratchett on top form !!
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: