Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Month of Cookbooks - Day Twenty One

Fix-It and Forget-It Series 

Holiday Main Dishes and Sides

By Phyllis Pellman Good

Published by Good Books,  2012


Looking for even more main meal inspiration for your crock-pot?  This is the second of the three volume set I have reviewed, and true to form, I loved this collection of recipes gathered by the author just as much.

From a traditional Beef Burgundy to a very untraditional Raspberry Glazed Ham using apple juice, lemon juice and raspberry jam, I found plenty to peruse and bookmark for later use. There are  forty main meal dishes and almost twenty side dish recipes to provide ideal and relatively stress-free cooking for family get-togethers and holiday cooking. Ever thought of serving Orange Yams or Scalloped Pineapple with your casserole? I hadn't, but they would go well with an Autumn Harvest Pork Loin or a Sunday Roast Chicken.

Garlic with Lime Chicken caught my interest as did the Szechwan Chicken and Broccoli and the Indonesian Peanut Chicken, but there are only two vegetarian main dishes and one seafood pasta, which is a shame and the only thing I have found to criticize about  the book or indeed the series.


Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

I have the plain old crockpot version of this book :)