Part of the "Confident Cooking" series
Published by Murdoch Books, Australia, 1995
First published by Konemann, Germany.
This little book is only 64 pages long, but it is used regularly and survives every cookbook cull I perform! I bought it from an upmarket cook-shop in Bath on a visit many years ago, and it cost me the princely sum of 99p.
Every double page spread has at least one colour photograph to illustrate the recipe, and there are some great recipes hidden in this book:
- Lamb burger with minted yoghurt sauce
- Mediterranean vegetable and goat's cheese burger
- Egg and bacon breakfast burger
- Fresh salmon burger
- Mushroom and pine nut burger
- Chick pea and vegetable burger with hummus
- Mexican burger with guacamole
- Turkey burger with spiced cranberry sauce
- Mustard Burger with garlic butter
Recipes for some relishes are included too. It's the only burger book I have seen with vegetarian and almost fasting-friendly recipes :-)