Monday, October 30, 2006

The Eyeball Of Doom

Our plans for a quiet and peaceful weekend didn`t materialise :-)

DD3 was invited to a friend`s party on Halloween, so off we trotted to the shops to get her a cheap-ish costume.
When we got back, after pottering for a while at home, I felt as if there was something in my eye. I couldn`t see anything amiss, neither could DH, but within an hour, my whole left face was swollen, eyeball included, and my vision was blurred.
So we headed off to A & E, where mercifully there were no drunks and only one pair of foul-mouthed yobs. It was quiet, so I only had to wait for about 20 minutes before being seen.

Turns out that whatever got in my eye had come out, but had caused a massive allergic reaction, so all the conjunctival membranes covering my eye as well as my eyelids had become inflamed and oedematous (filled with fluid), hence the bizarre and quite vile appearance.
I came home with an eye-patch and five days worth of antibiotic cream to apply four times each day.

I didn`t need a Halloween costume, I could have just uncovered my eye, that would have been bad enough !
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I am so eye squeamish, I'm shuddering over here. Yikes.