Monday, October 23, 2006

Current Reading

I thought I would post what I am currently reading :-)

Frank Chalk " It`s Your Time You`re Wasting" which is absolutely terrifying and very cleverly written, describing his time teaching teenagers at an average comprehensive school.

"Soul Music" by Terry Pratchett(yet again!) I have all TP`s books and have met him several times, most notably at the first ever Discworld Convention when I was dressed up as a Bananananana Daiquiri. TP fans will of course know this comes from "Witches Abroad" .........

"Holocaust Journey" by Martin Gilbert.
A fascinating, harrowing, sickening account of the atrocities endured by the groups targeted by the Nazis for the extermination camps. Martin Gilbert took his MA degree students around Europe to see places where these atrocities were conceived and perpetrated.

"Marley And Me" by John Grogan.
There is so much of Basil in this book, though he is not anywhere near as bad as Marley was. Labradors are obviously all crazy but incredibly loving and lovable dogs, LOL.


On my Wish List at present, though I have asked our local library if they would consider buying it for stock, is the newly-published book about Fr Alfred Hope Patten, the eccentric genius restorer of the Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham.
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I've read "Marley and Me" yes, I can see Basil in there...grin.

Interesting reads - several sound like ones I need to pick up.