Monday, September 24, 2007

Wash Day !




Yesterday it was raining, which was a pain considering I had three loads of washing to dry and we don't have a tumble drier :-)

Today, it is a glorious drying day, and yesterday's wash is on the line with another load waiting to go out shortly.

There is something profoundly satisfying about seeing clothes billowing on a washing line. Although wet weather is a nuisance and makes me long for a tumble drier, I would miss not hanging my clothes out to dry.........
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Meg said...

YAY!!! Someone else who does this! I agree, there's nothing like the sight of clothes dancing on a line. Or the smell...

I don't know the layout of your house, but you might consider a "utility porch" somewhere. I had one when we lived in Massachusetts. It was *wonderful.* I remember one year it rained for a solid week, and I hung out my laundry every day and it dried. I had clotheslines strung across the entire porch, wrapped around hooks that had been screwed into the side beams. I keep telling dh that I want a utility porch here, but we can't figure out what to do about the awkward "bulkhead" (back door to the cellar) that sticks out smack in the middle of the back of the house.

Anastasia Theodoridis said...

YES! I, too, love hanging out my clothes on the line, and "harvesting" them again when they are dry. LOVE it.

Anastasia