Friday, January 11, 2008

Not So Good News

Yesterday, DoomHamster phoned me to say that she and most of her department have been made redundant. She has one month's notice and is frantically job hunting over a large area.

She is 22. Jobs are rarer than hen's teeth round here, especially for young folk.

Prayers coveted.

I will be starting the Akathist to St Xenia of St Petersburg today, so if any of you have any employment related issues and you would like me to add your names into the akathist, please let me know.
Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's job. What a shock! It seems as though she just started.

I'm sure Jim would appreciate your adding his name...thank you!

DebD said...

That is too bad. Prayers for Doomhamster.

My godmother could use some prayers. She's in a bad situation at work, but employment around here is also very hard to come by for her skills. Her name is Carol Mary.

Mary Poppins NOT said...

O, yes, please.

Dh is looking for permanent employment. Currently conract work is paying the bills (Thank God), but a permanent job would be wonderful.

Mimi said...

Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy! Prayers for all who are looking for work, Holy St. Xenia, pray to God for us.