On Thursday we took the children for a LONG walk in the wholesome fresh air to shake off the cabin fever that was starting to affect us all.
It had been -8 degrees overnight, and it was equally bitterly cold out. We were all warmly wrapped up, and as there was a stiff breeze, we took the children`s kites with us.
It was so cold there was frost on the sand on the beach, and on the sand dunes !! I have lived in this town for forty years, and I have never seen frost on sand before.......
The kite flying was a brilliant success, and I have decided that we will purchase more kites so that DH and I are not reduced to begging the children to let us have a turn ! :-)
On the way back we stopped at mother-in-law`s house to say Hi, and we stayed for about an hour before walking back home.
After lunch, it started to snow heavily, turning the ground white very quickly so we now have film of the girls playing snowball fights in the back garden for DoomH to watch when she comes home...........we have burnt the footage onto a DVD so we can take it for the grandparents to see !!
Sadly, in the evening, it strated to rain and it rained all night and is still raining now, much to my disgust .
I wanted to go kite-flying again.
Pout :-(
3 comments:
Snow! How wonderful - I've never leave near a northern ocean that I could imagine frost on sand. that sounds interesting.
What's a DoomH?
I'm having tortured images of a Child's Christmas in Wales just now :-)
ROTFLOL.
DoomH is short for DoomHamster, my eldest daughter`s Blog Identity !
Her very forthright opinions can be found at DoomHamster`s Blog of Doom
http://doomhamster-blogofdoom.blogspot.com/
I am kicking myself now for not having taken the camera out yesterday to photograph the sand with frost on.........
Sounds wonderful, but very, very cold!
Post a Comment