Saturday, December 17, 2005

Fuel Crisis

A friend of ours has an LPG powered Range Rover car, and it has been working fine with no problems until Thursday afternoon, when I had a frantic phone call from her, with her very shaken and in tears, asking me if I would pick her son up from school when I collected my own little darlings, as her car had caught fire.

Luckily she was not hurt although she was obviously very shaken and distressed. The car had caught fire very suddenly, and she had to get out just outside the supermarket car park, blocking the delivery van parking bays.

Fortunately a British Gas repair van was passing and the crew saw the flames, so they sprayed the car and the surrounding area with their foam fire extinguishers to minimise the risk of the whole tank exploding.

An office nearby phoned for the fire brigade, and they took 20 minutes to arrive, although the fire station is less than one minute`s drive away.

Ironically, the supermarket delivery van driver then asked my friend if she could move her burning car so he could park his van......
Hello ?
Does this man have a brain ?
Would *you* get back in a burning car to move it ?
I certainly wouldn`t............

Needless to say, she said "No", in no uncertain terms :-)

The car is a wreck, and will have to be scrapped, but the insurance company will compensate.
Not a pleasant experience.
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: