Last night`s rain has dried up, and the sun is shining.
It is a glorious day :-)
Surprisingly, the view from my garden window is still very green ! The honeysuckle flowers in the arbour have faded, but the plant is still sporting bright green foliage.
The creeper which produces blue/violet flowers is showing dark bottle green leaves, and the variegated ivies in the garden are evergreens anyway.
The mint in the herb garden is withering for the winter, but the other herbs are going strong still.
We will have loads of fresh sage and thyme to make stuffing/forcemeats for Christmas and the New Year.
Really, it is only the apple and plum trees which have completely lost their leaves.
In the lawned part of the garden, the cotoneaster has a huge crop of red and orange berries, which the birds will enjoy when the bitter weather sets in earnest, bringing the redwings and fieldfares down south to us.
I am laughing whilst I write this , as I can hear the budgies playing and chirping in their cage........they have the biggest cage we could buy, to give them maximum flying room until we tame them enough for them to be let out to fly free in the house for a while each day. It is amazing to think that in Australia, you can see flocks of thousands of these lovely little birds roaming free. It must be an amazing sight :-)
This is the day that the Lord hath made; I will rejoice and be glad in it...... !!
No comments:
Post a Comment