Saturday, October 23, 2004

Crawling out of the Pit

I`mmmmm baaaaack !

Feeling slightly more human today :-)
I am always grumpy when I am unwell. And I mean grumpy, as in "not nice to know, run away and hide if you see me coming" grumpy.
DH and I had an intense, spirited verbal dialogue last night, AKA as a row. This is a very rare thing for us, as neither of us likes confrontation or raised voices. It was something relatively small that got magnified out of all sense of proportion, but it took me a long time to calm down.

There can be few things worse than resolutely lying on your own side of the bed, being fairly sure you were in the right, but also knowing that both of you are really unhappy and that it only takes one person to apologise and defuse the situation......
I apologised first, DH apologised, we sorted out the disagreement and ended the squabble.

But still the after-effects linger on in my heart and soul. I feel lonely, sad, angry at myself for giving in to my temper, aware of the pain I caused my DH, and I so much wish it hadn`t happened.
It may have been trivial, but how easily a small thing can magnify, expand and cause chaos in your life............
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: