Friday, October 01, 2004

Birthday Shopping

DH and I went shopping today for D4`s birthday presents. We hadn`t intended to, but there was a huge half-price toy sale on at Woolworth`s.
Her birthday is on Oct17th and she will be three.

We have now got her a large toy kitchen, which was reduced to approx £20, a zip up sqare case filled with pens, pencils and chalks, and a wooden frame filled with wooden blocks which you can spin round to show pictures , words, letters and numbers. This is something which she has played with in the waiting room at each hospital appointment she has been to, which is three so far this year, and with another appt scheduled before Christmas. She always loves playing with it, so I am hoping she will like to have it at home too.

I do wonder how much of what we buy for others is just wish fulfillment from our own childhood........personally, I am looking forward to her being old enough for a train set.
My brother is seven years older than me, and would never let me play with his Scalextrix set nor his train set for fear of me damaging it in my exuberance.......perhaps at 40 I am old enough now to have one of my very own :-))))))
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: