Sunday, December 19, 2004

Stratford, Here We Come !

We are off to beautiful Stratford upon Avon, home of William Shakespeare, on Sunday, for a three night break.
I have to say, I am looking forward to it - especially being able to turn on light switches in the hotel :-)

At home, work continues on the re-wiring, but it is a very messy and labour intensive task. I am finding the chaos , dust and the appalling mess just so stressful, I feel sick.

Add to that one 6 year old daughter who is so excited about Christmas that she is bouncing around like a demented mechanical toy, and a 3 year old who is now fully recovered from her illness and is her usual delightful, demanding, frustrating, argumentative self.

Also add the fact that I am sitting in near total darkness typing this, and that there is not a single light in the house adequate for me to read by, and my frustration reaches mega-heights. Deprive this woman of books, and you might as well be depriving me of breath...

I tried to pack stuff for the journey this evening.
Bad idea.
Have *you* ever tried packing by torchlight, when half the things you need are scattered in rooms all over the house, in weird places, because the bedrooms have been stripped of their contents so floorboards can be lifted ?
It`s a fruitless task, believe me . I have given up till daylight dawns tomorrow, and I can stand a sporting chance of finding essentials like underwear - oh, and shoes !

And I am missing my D1 !!!.
She has been away for six whole days. I am attempting to keep up a stiff upper lip, but I`m not doing a brilliant job, as you might have gathered.....

Speak to you all on Wednesday, folks !
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: