Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sweltering In The Heat

Officially, the maximum temperature for our area was supposed to be a scorching 34 degrees C today.
After the girls and I had trudged home in what seemed like relentless heat, out of curiosity I got our room thermometer and put it outside in direct sunshine.

I was so surprised at the result that I even took a photo of it, but I can`t post it as the dog has eaten the camera USB cable :-(

It registered in excess of 48 degrees C in direct sun at 3.45 pm in my back garden, folks ! It was 36 degrees in the shade............. no wonder we were struggling as we walked home today. I know these wouldn`t be accepted as "accurate" readings for meteorological purposes, but in reality it was unbearably hot here in Blogtown, regardless of what the "official" temperature was recorded as.
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

DebD said...

Its been terribly hot here too. So much so, that I feel a bit sick. Can't wait for some thunderstorms to cut the heat.

Stay cool.

Deb

Mimi said...

Ugh. I hate the heat, it's headed our way too.