Monday, July 17, 2006

Lingerie Adventures

It started off as a simple item on my shopping list today : Buy new bra.

I would imagine this is the point when many of my female readers will begin to laugh in solidarity........................

I have always had difficulty finding a bra that fits; ironically,the only time I have ever been able to get one to fit was when I was breastfeeding, and Mothercare had brilliant bras. They fitted and they were COMFORTABLE too.

Armed with the information culled from a newspaper that most women wear bras which are the wrong size for them, I dutifully googled for websites with bra calculation sizes. I visited two different UK sites and was a tad perturbed to find that one site said I needed an A cup, the other site said I needed a D cup in the same size. I normally have a C.

So today I went shopping. I thought it was going to be simple, but it proved anything but...........

Very few of the ones I liked were in either of my supposed correct sizes, but eventually I managed to find one in each cup size. When I tried them on, with one I couldn`t breathe (which I happen to feel is sooo important!) and the other was obviously the wrong cup size :-)

So I tried on two more bras, in different sizes, in increasing desperation before I gave it up as a bad job and went home to brood.

I think the only option is to go back to Mothercare in our nearest Big Town and buy from there, which feels ridiculous when DD4 is nearly five years old and I am definitely not pregnant , LOL.
Share with friends using the share button below.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Go to an upscale department store and have the bra department fit you - even if you don't buy from them, they'll help determine your best size. And, the difference is AMAZING!

Louise said...

Uh, Mum? Just reminding you that you only have FOUR darling daughters... heh, these typos are a killer, aren't they?

lol, just thought I'd let you know about that one, so your faithful readers don't get confused. ("Where'd DD5 come from? I don't remember her!")

Oh, and I totally sympathise about the bra thing. I've never found one that fits. It's definitely a case of "one size doesn't fit anybody"...

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

DD1, thank you for the typo notification :-) Duly amended, LOL.