The dog is poorly today.
He had an upset tummy, the products of which emitted a noxious enough odour to wake me up this morning and come hurtling down the stairs. Unfortunately I was not in time to avert disaster, so while Basil was busy being ill in the garden, I was busy cleaning up the deposits in the house.
Yuck.
Took me 45 minutes to compeletely clean everywhere and eliminate the vile smell. Then of course I had to go in the garden and clean up all the horrors outside before any of the children managed to step in it.
Ho hum.
I phoned the vet for advice, and ws told to starve him today except for water, and then give him fish, chicken and boiled rice for the next three days. Ouch. He is going to be eating better than I am for the next few days, LOL.
Out of curiosity I asked how much it would cost for the vet to come to the house, as DH is working away at present and I am transport-less for the time being.
Cost is £52 + consultation fee(another £20) + the cost of any treatment or medication given.
So the chance of having any change out of £100 is minimal.
I am glad we have pet insurance, but nevertheless, there would still be an excess of £30 to pay.
Gulp.
No comments:
Post a Comment