I took Basil by taxi up to my mum`s today for a few hours.
He was well-behaved in the taxi and very good indeed at my mum`s house.
He found a convenient spot in the garden to do his business, and as my mum had bought him some dog toys and some chews to keep at her house, he must have thought he was in doggie heaven............
It did my mother the power of good to haveBasil to fuss over and keep her busy for a few hours.
She is lonely in that house, and it is a 45 minute walk each way for me to visit her, or a two buses each way trip or an £8.50 total taxi fare. She can`t walk very far, so it means either a hassle-filled trip for her to get to me by bus, or an expensive one by taxi.
When DH is home, it is no problem as we can visit her lots by car.
She is seriously contemplating getting a dog of her own, and I am beginning to think it might be a wise move......
1 comment:
I'm glad you and Basil visited your mom!
Post a Comment