Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Scary Night

Last night was not one of my best.
When DD1 got back from job experience, we had the delightful experience of catching the Dell tech support staff before they went home for the night, to try to get her laptop (still under warranty) fixed. It took only 8 minutes on hold to get connected, and a lengthy session speaking to get some answers. After we had had to get a screwdriver and undo and remove various components (I felt like screaming Hello !! We paid a large some of money for a 3 year on site warranty for this gizmo ! Just come and fix it !) and try various permutations, the tech support person thinks the mother board has died, so they are ordering a new part and the engineer will be with us some time on Wednesday.
Hooray , I thought to myself.

I went back in the living room to find that DD4 has amused herself whilst I was busy with tech support by drawing on the wallpaper with wax crayons. Very pretty but absolutely forbidden.
At some point in the day the puupy had managed to sneak in the corner and chew through the modem cable. Luckily we still have a spare, so I am able to get on the Web only whilst the dog is in his puppy crate and out of mischief.

I was glad to go to bed, and collapse into stupor, only to wake about 2am and take the pup out for a wee. I surfed a while, then went to bed.
Our bedroom window overlooks a house behind us, which has a street lamp outside. The lamp was flashing on and off, alternating my bedroom with a lovely orange glow and complete darkness. Could I go back to sleep ? Not on your life.

We have had high winds here for 48 hours, and I could hear an almighty clatter which truly sounded as if it was insde the house, so up I got, clutching my mobile phone in case it was burglars, to investigate. ( The dog would sleep through Armageddon, BTW !)
Absolutamente nada.
Thank God !!!

So back to bed I go. Then our house phone rings, just the one ring. My immediate thought is that there is something wrong with my mum, so I hare downstairs again, to check the dialled numbers, only to find that apparently there had been no calls for 20 hours. Weird................

Back to bed again, but this time the pup is well and truly awake and decides to start playing with his toys. He has a pink sqeaky dinosaur type cuddly called Mr Chewy, and he decided to squeak this for about 10 minutes.
I gave up trying to sleep in the end, and just grabbed my prayer rope and held all my family and friends in prayer. I did eventually fall asleep, sometime around 5.30, to be woken at 6.15 by the pup demanding to be let out so he could go toilet.

It`s now 8.29 and I want to go back to sleep. The girls are home today as all the school staff are taking industrial action (Ha ha) in other words they are on strike about the inadequacies of their pension scheme. So we are decamping up my mum`s for the day, taking Basil with us by my mum`s special request.

The day can only get better - can`t it ?
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nite!