I have been tagged by Richard, to do the Bible meme :-)
1. How many bibles are in your home?
I am excluding DoomHamster`s room, as she has her own and I will be tagging her.
I have 4, my husband has 1, the girls have 5
2. What rooms are they in?
3 bedrooms, study, living room.
3. What translations do you have?
Three of my own are KJV, inc Apocrypha volume, the other is the Orthodox study Bible (NT and Psalms).
My husband`s is KJV.
The girls have one NIV and various re-tellings of Bible, plus one Coverdale Book of Psalms :-)
4. Do you have a preference?
KJV. I used to have a Catholic edition Good News Bible, but found it too vague and woolly.
When I was looking for a larger print Bible recently, I wanted a RSV with Apocrypha but could not get one for love nor money.
Now they seems available again. Grrr.
I will be getting one fairly soon.
5. Nominate an interesting verse
Psalm 108:9 (King James Version)
9 Moab is my washpot; over Edom will I cast out my shoe; over Philistia will I triumph.
Makes my mind boggle without fail, particularly as the actor Stephen Fry used "Moab is my washpot" for the title of his autobiography(which I haven`t read)
I nominate DoomHamster
and Dave Holford
No comments:
Post a Comment