Friday, March 31, 2006

Basil Goes Walkies

Yesterday we took Basil out for his first big walk. We went over to the beach, so he could feel the sand and snif at the rockpools, then we took him onto the dunes.
We walked gently for about an hour and a half, and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

As we skirted the far side of the dunes, we came to a patch of dank and gloomy woodland backing onto a farm. The mist was just settling in, and the trees didn`t appear green, but inky blank, Mordor type trees.
It really was quite eerie, and then to cap it all, a whole flock of crows appeared, circling overhead and cawing at us. It really did give me the creeps, and I was glad to get past it.

When I mentioned it to DoomHamster, she made cryptic remarks about how she would have hated it as it would have reminded her of demon zombie crows from Resident Evil. I haven`t read or seen Resident Evil in any of its incarnations, so I have to take her word on that.

I really must start taking my camera out on these expeditions........
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: