Monday, September 06, 2004

Reading and Listening

Books currently being read :-

Spiritual
For They Shall see God by David Beck
Touching Heaven by John Oliver
Journey to the Kingdom by Fr John Mack

General
Don`t Sweat the Small Stuff with Your Family by Richard Carlson

Travel
Extra Virgin amongst the groves of Liguria by Annie Hawes

I can not function without spiritual reading. Usually I have several books on the go, one in the bedroom, one in the bathroom, one downstairs.
I need to be constantly reminded of my duties as a Christian and to look at the examples of others. I do love the lives of the Saints.........though I will never be one !

In the CD player in the kitchen, for when I do my ironing:-
The sound track from the film Twister.

In the CD player in the living-room
Songs from the Teletubbies, which my two year old is singing along to.....

What are you all reading and listening to ? I could do with some more ideas :-)

Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Hi Philippa
I do like Stephen Lawhead, though I haven`t yet read Patrick. I have read his book Byzantium, a few years ago, and that was amazing !

I just love books. I can never get enough of them. I spend more on books than I should, but I do pass them onto the local public library so that many other people can access them, rather than them gathering dust on my bookshelves.
I am steeling myself to part with some introductory type Orthodox books for the library, in the hope of touching others` hearts with an interest in the Faith.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Hi Matushka
I very strongly recommend Fr John Mack`s book Journey to the Kingdom. It is a series of his sermons, given on various Sundays and feast days.
He has a very real gift of touching the heart. This book has made me cry at my own shortcomings, and they are very many.