Today, we had the official school letter outlining Abby`s start in Reception class in September.
She will be starting on Friday Sept 9th with her small group, afternoons only for one week, the next week will be mornings including staying for lunch, and the third week will be afternoons again. The other group will be opposite to her group.
I think this is a really good way of breaking them in gently to the prospect of all-day school in October........
The only problem is her clinginess.
My other three girls all marched into school on their first days and basically said "Wow, great ! You can go now, Mum!" without even a backward glance.
Abby is a different kettle of fish. If I am away from her for more than an hour, she starts asking Daddy where I am ..........
Any hints on dealing with real separation anxiety ? Her teacher is lovely, and Abby has met her and is comfortable with her, but I have visions of having to physically peel Abby off me when i have to leave her there :-(
I see tears ahead, and they won`t just be hers.
This will be the first time in 19 and a half years that I won`t have had a little one at home.
Blub.
And it`s not even September yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment