Friday, January 21, 2005

Weather Fronts

We have 60 mph gale force winds here at the moment, with a cold snap forecast for tonight too. Brrrrr.

I am only going outside if I am wearing my wollen hat as well as coat and gloves, as I have a riproaring ear infection of unknown origin and site, according to my GP. I have a spray with antibiotics and steroids in it, which appears to be doing absolutamente nada, and I am currently upright only by virtue of the wonders of modern painkillers, notably high dose Ibuprofen 400 mg three times an day and co-proxamol, max of 8 tablets per day.
I`m not quite rattling when I walk, but I don`t think it will be long.... !
I am hoping my GP will refer me to a ENT specialist, as we have private medical insurance courtesy of DH`s job.
I don`t know whether my head is going to explode with pain or if I shall beat it against the wall first :-)

On a happier note, I am waiting on news of two imminent arrivals. My dear friend Elly is expecting daughter number 2 any day now, and an Orthodox Blogger whom I read is anxiously awaiting her first bundle of joy - Anna.
As a midwife, I love hearing of new arrivals.
May God bless and protect these two families, and grant them rejoicings in the very near future !!
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: