Hi folks,
It`s been a looong week. There has been a lot going on, and I needed time to mull things over before committing them to blogdom.
The saga of DD2.
DD2 lives with her father, by her choice. she is 15, and don`t we know it :-)
I love her dearly, and have been disappointed that she has chosen to not visit us for nearly a month, but there we are.
On Monday morning, I had a call from her dad ( my ex-husband) saying her school had contacted him to say DD2 hadn`t gone to school. Well, he had dropped her off near the school, but she hadn`t gone in !
She hasn`t pulled this stunt before, so he called her mobile, bawled her out and told her to get herself back home sharpish. He asked me if he could bring her over to my house sowe could try and sort out what was going on.
Enter one ex, and a very sullen DD2 who initially only spoke to DD4, her baby sister.
He talked, I talked and she talked, but we didn`t get very far. He was so cross he kept raising his voice and laying down the law, and I could see her hackles rising along with her temper :-)
I felt like we were doing the "good cop, bad cop" routine.
She said she didn`t want to go back home with him at the moment and wanted to stay with us for a few days "to get her head round things".
Fair enough; so she did.
I have to say, it was lovely having her here from Monday till yesterday morning, and she is great fun to be with.
She has to toe the line when she is here, and I don`t give her anywhere near the amount of freedom her father does, but she has now asked if she can come over every week during midweek and spend two or three nights with us.
He father does let her rule the roost and do what she wants pretty much all the time, and although it may be what you want when you are 15, it sure as heck isn`t what you actually need.
No comments:
Post a Comment