For those of us on the new calendar, a very happy and blessed St Basil`s day to you all ! And a Happy New Year :-)
For the first time ever, I baked a Vasilopitta in honour of the saint. Because I knew where the coin was (as I had taken the cake out of the tin and cut it), I asked each member of the family to choose a number from 1 - 8 inclusive, and they had the piece assigned to that number, which seemed a fair way of doing it ....
and DH had the lucky piece....long life, health and prosperity to my beloved DH !!
2005 is going to be a year in which we attempt to follow as many of Holy Church`s traditions and commemorations as possible :-))
1 comment:
We were going to bake Vasilopita this year for the first time, but due to out of town company, and our fear and trepidation of trying something new while we had an audiance, never did it. I am glad to hear your success story! What recipe did you use?
Post a Comment