I did try, honestly !
I was given money for my birthday, an especially large sum came from my much-loved ex-in-laws, with whom I maintain an extremely good relationship, with a stern injunction that it was to be spent on myself, not on the house or the children :-0
They know me very well !
So today, DH drove the children and myself to the local large shopping mall ( we do have a few in the UK, one on our doorstep so to speak) and dropped us off.
As we had time to kill before the cinema opened, I made an abortive attempt to visit the discount bookshop, only to be thwarted by the incessant whining from my 6 year old.
Her : " I`m hungry"
Me: "I know, but we will be here for ten minutes then I promise we will have lunch"
Her : "But I want lunch now "
Me : "You will have to be patient"
Ten seconds later,
Her : "But Mum, I`m staaaaaarving. You can hear my stomach rumbling. I feel ill because I am sooo hungry !"
It was ooh, 11.20 am, by the way :-)
Pity help her when she has to start really fasting !
After less than 5 minutes in the bookshop, I gave up and stalked out in high dudgeon, having managed to purchase two discounted computer programs to teach French and Italian for children.
As they have games, I thought it would be quite fun, and D1 and I have also wanted to start learning Italian for a while.
They did stock learning Mandarin Chinese and Hebrew, but I cannot justufy buying them and never using them , despite my good intentions about learning new languages :-)
Anyway, we made our way to the food court, where we had a more than adequate lunch - in other words, I ate too much- before heading for the cinema. The Big M was giving away free children`s cinema tickets to see "The Incredibles", providing each child was accompanied by a paying adult, so D1 and I paid our £5.80 each admission fee and we immersed ourselves in Pixar generated delight again for two hours. D4 had not seen it before , and she really enjoyed it.
Heck, I really enjoyed it :-)
Afterwards,we ambled back through the Mall and I found something I really wanted...a fantastic decorated ceramic mug with lid, with a special integral-yet removable-coffee brewer, so I can have ground coffee with minimal fuss. I was so pleased, as this is something I will use a lot, and it was very reasonable, hardly making a dent in the birthday money.
On the whole, a good day !
No comments:
Post a Comment