Saturday, August 14, 2004

One In, One Out.

This afternoon, hubster and I went to town to buy some cards.
My dear step-father`s very elderly mother passed away and I wanted to get my step-father a condolences card.
We also heard this week that friends of my husband have a safely-arrived new baby, a great joy after the death of their last baby in the womb a few weeks before his birth.

At the counter of the shop, I handed over the two cards, and the cashier remarked how strange it was , to be buying a sympathy card and a birth congratulation card at the same time, and an elderly gentleman in the shop piped up "ah well, one in, one out".
It was so true, and it made me stop and think about how transient and ephemeral our earthly life is.

The old phrase "so much to do, but so little time" takes on a whole new dimension with regard to prayer and repentance. Each night I ask for more time for repentance, but sometimes I feel that even if I lived for a million years, I could not even begin to repent .

Of your charity, please pray for the repose of the soul of Mam Seaward.
May her Memory be Eternal.
Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Hi Philippa
how wonderful ! I hope I will be able to celebrate 50 years with my dear husband...but I will be 88 by then!
Elizabeth