The view : weak sunshine, overcast sky, slight breeze.
We have returned safely home from our holiday, though it was not an unparalleled success :-)
Daughter 1 had the dreaded D and V for 24 hours. Then daughter 4 had spectacular sickness, for two days, plus very high temperature.
We got home, after a 3 hour crossing to cover 19 miles in very high seas. Daughter 3 was seasick. Daughter 1 was an interesting shade of green. I thought the crossing was exhilerating, and actually enjoyed it. Husband thinks I am insane......
Yesterday husband has a return of kidney stone pain.
Today I have THE BUG courtesy of dear daughters.
But we got home OK, and Ilfracombe is just soooo beautiful.
I will post more when I am not so dependent on being near the bathroom with only 5 seconds warning of imminent disaster..............................................
5 comments:
Welcome home! I'd love to ask a question but I got seasick imagining your high seas... but then I get seasick on the Staten Island Ferry.
The only way I was able to take the boat from Scotland to Belfast was to stay on deck. Drove my companion batty.
Yep, we stayed on deck all the time, both journeys !
Nothing..and I mean nothing...would have got me below deck, the motion of the boat was much worse closer to the engine.
For those of an inquiring mind, the boat was a 100+ year old steam screw ship. We were told that if the weather had been even a fraction worse, the ship would not have sailed :-)
Dear Huw
What was the question, by the way ? I am intrigued........
No question as such, was doing the "wind up" for the seasickness, which was true: I have trouble picturing such moments without getting a little tremble inside.
Dear Huw....put it this way, the mast was about30 degrees off vertical, the waves were tipping the boat that much. Not quite George Clooney and "The perfect storm", but there were one or two um...interesting moments !
Post a Comment