Monday, March 12, 2007

People To Be Thankful For !

Monica posted a lovely tribute to the women who have influenced her life.

It set me thinking; there are so many women who have inflenced me ! I can only mention a few.

Thanks to my mother, who always has had - and continues to have - a major influence in my life.

My dear god mother and Presvytera, who is such an inspirational Christian woman.

The Most Holy Theotokos, St Xenia of St Petersburg , St Scholastika and St Elizabeth the New Martyr, whose prayers sustain me and whose examples I try to follow.

My three best friends from school , also my bridesmaids, with whom I am still in touch- yes, you know who you are !!!

Dorothy and Pat, who gave me such wonderful care when I was pregnant with my children.

My midwife colleagues, too numerous to mention. All of them taught me so much, even the ones I didn`t particularly get on with. Most likely, they taught me the most about myself and learning to interact with other people.

Faye and Janet - two of the kindest, most unselfish and non-judgemental ladies I have ever met.

Nicola, Anna and Tanya, who daily show such courage in the face of adversity.

My blog friends, whose prayers and concern sustain me . Too numerous to mention !
God bless you all !

I tag Mimi !
Share with friends using the share button below.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

What a beautiful post! And, what beautiful and amazing women.

Mimi said...

Thanks for the tag, did you add that later or did I space over seeing it the first time?

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I don`t think I added it, but to be honest, I can`t really remember !