That is , quite literally, where the once-proud country of Great Britain is heading.
I am not being overdramatic; if we decide to sell our house and move, as of June this year, we will have to submit to allowing an energy inspector to go all over our house , making notes of the floorplans etc and how energy-efficient we are in terms of loft insulation, low-energy light bulbs etc.
We`ve always been keen to do this type of thing on environmental and cost grounds, but it is the darn principle of having to allow a government inspector into your home and for the data then to be stored on a government central computer to which numberless and facless bureaucrats can have access to such information to which I fiercely object.
I know the story is in the Daily Mail, but nevertheless, go read.
Oh to live in a country where democracy does actually mean something anymore.....
1 comment:
Elizabeth,
I know what you mean. I entitled a past post on my blog 'As Britannia Sinks In To The Azure Main'.
As I follow the British media, especially the Times, Telegraph and The BBC (Radio 4 is my favourite), I am aware of the state of the UK at present. It is sad to see a once proud nation sink so low. I agree that it is not the governments business to be inspecting homes prior to sale (or at any time).
As for a country where democracy still means something, you won't find it in America to any great degree either, in my humble opinion!
My prayers for you and your family.
Post a Comment