A good internet friend of mine is a Roman Catholic, and she recently wrote to me to say what a relief it was to be able to talk about sacraments to me and know that we were on the same page, so to speak.
I started to ponder this, and found to my sadness that those Christians who hold fast to a truly Sacramentarian theology are generally either Orthodox, RC or Anglo-Catholic.
Most other Christian denominations really don`t understand where we are coming from, let alone agree with us. They`re not even reading the same "book", so to speak, let alone being anywhere near the page we`re on........
I have far more in common with my Anglican and RC friends than I do with the protestant denominations, and I know quite a few Methodists and Baptists. They are appalled at what I believe, and I`m appalled at what they believe about the sacraments......
It is a very sad state of affairs, and quite profoundly depressing.
1 comment:
I agree, it's sobering and interesting.
Post a Comment