After dropping the young ones at school this morning, I came back to the house and picked up the dog to take him for a walk.
It had been a clear but bitterly cold night last night, with frost on cars and on the ground, but by the time Basil & I were out at 9.15 it was glorious sunshine and really warm ! We were out for about an hour and a quarter , and it was a joy to be out in the warm sun and feel the breeze on my face - just the kind of day that makes you count your blessings and give thanks for being alive and well.
We met lots of other dogs and their owners on our walk, and I am amazed at how many more people will come and speak to me simply because I am walking the dog. I had some extremely interesting convesations with all sorts of folk, and got lots of advice about getting him to come back when I do let him off the leash (I haven`t done it yet because he doesn`t reliably return to my call when at home yet.....)
DH returns home tonight, and the end of term is creeping towards us.
Our local library has signs up announcing what days the library will be closed for Weaster (Western Easter) and wishing everybody a Happy Easter :-)
Not happy spring festival or any other inclusive PC cr*p, but an unashamed Happy Easter, which is good to see !
I am awaiting my copy of the Monastic Diurnal, which was shipped on Monday morning and is likely to arrive here around the weekend from the States.
That`s about all the news here.
No comments:
Post a Comment