It is becoming very cold first thing in the morning now, though the days remain generally hot and sunny.
It is still most definitely T-shirt weather, but the signs of the season changing are present.........on the way to school this morning, we counted no less than *55* Canada Geese on the small lake, whereas normally we would have about 8 resident geese. The others are migrants, grouping and preparing to move on.
The swallows are nearly gone too, and the black-headed gulls are changing into winter plumage.
My tortoise is taking longer to wake up in the mornings, but he`s not the only one !
Whilst Abby is only doing half-days in school for the next three weeks, I am having to walk the three return trips to school each day. Each of the six legs takes about 20 minutes if Abby is with me, about 10 if I am on my own.
It`s only three miles per day in total, but my arthritic knees are really complaining about it.
I think I will head up to the shower and then get the troops ready for bed, as it is now 7.10 pm here in the UK.
Take care everyone !
No comments:
Post a Comment