Saturday, September 03, 2005

Last Week of the Holidays

This is the last week of the school holidays :-)

Since I last blogged, I have taken DD3 and myself to the dentists.
She was incredibly brave, having two fillings without local anaesthetic ( mainly as our dentist explained that it was going to hurt more to have numerous jabs with a needle for local anaesthetic for two separate teeth than it would to have the drilling done, and I have to say he was right ).

I had three big fillings plus scale and polish, under the blessing of local anaesthetic, and reeled home after paying £83.00 for the privilege of having my teeth seen to (our dentist sees only children under NHS, everyone else pays private fees )

I also bought school shoes and trainers for DD3 (cost £58)

Yesterday the carpet fitters came to fit our two new carpets.
Our bedroom carpet is delightful, but when we viewed DD4`s room carpet, it was the wrong colour.
Oops.
Someone in the warehouse had mislabelled the carpet, and the red carpet destined for someone else`s home was sent to us. It is of course now useless, having been chopped up to fit our room, so some poor soul will have to wait another two weeks to receive their red carpet.
Our carpet was supposed to be dark green :-0
We panicked briefly over whether our carpet was in fact in stock, or whether we were going to have to wait another 2 weeks for it, but luckily it was in the warehouse and the fitters retrieved it and brought it straight down and fitted it.

We are now in the happy position of moving the contents of two bedrooms into two different bedrooms so the last two rooms can be decorated.
Oh joy, o bliss.............

One day the house will look tidy - though I have a sneaky suspicion it may not be till the kids have all left home :-)
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: