What a beautiful icon corner :) The pine shelf is a great idea... ours are situation face-up on our dresser-drawer top... since we don't have any room in our apartment to decorate a wall (facing east at that) with icons.
That icon of St. Tatiana is very striking-- I've never seen anything like it!
Thank you ! Of course, the only problem is that I can`t light any candles in front of the icons because of the shelves ..... I am waiting for my Dh to fix a hook in the ceiling so I can put up my hanging lampada, but the house renovations seems to be ranking higher on his list of priorities at present, LOL.
St Tatiana is an antique icon from Russia, painted/written in the late 1890s. It originally had a gilt oklad; if you look closely there are holes around the halo area where the oklad pins would have held the cover in place. The oklad was long gone when we bought it for DD1.
Very beautiful! thank you for sharing that. You could also put a hook in the very front of the top ledge (rather than the ceiling) and so hang your lampada from the shelf itself. (be up to you if you want to twist a hook into that very beautiful wood!)
4 comments:
What a beautiful icon corner :) The pine shelf is a great idea... ours are situation face-up on our dresser-drawer top... since we don't have any room in our apartment to decorate a wall (facing east at that) with icons.
That icon of St. Tatiana is very striking-- I've never seen anything like it!
Thanks for sharing your photos with us. :)
Thank you !
Of course, the only problem is that I can`t light any candles in front of the icons because of the shelves ..... I am waiting for my Dh to fix a hook in the ceiling so I can put up my hanging lampada, but the house renovations seems to be ranking higher on his list of priorities at present, LOL.
St Tatiana is an antique icon from Russia, painted/written in the late 1890s. It originally had a gilt oklad; if you look closely there are holes around the halo area where the oklad pins would have held the cover in place.
The oklad was long gone when we bought it for DD1.
Absolutely beautiful, Elizabeth!
I was just today thinking that I need to have DH put a shelf up for my icon corner, and I see this post.
There are no coincidences in life.
What a beautiful story of the St. Tatiana icon.
Very beautiful! thank you for sharing that. You could also put a hook in the very front of the top ledge (rather than the ceiling) and so hang your lampada from the shelf itself. (be up to you if you want to twist a hook into that very beautiful wood!)
Post a Comment