Monday, April 04, 2005

Terry Schiavo Revisited.

I read on Google.co.uk News today that Michael Schiavo , not content with refusing her parents to be in the room with their daughter as she died, is now refusing to allow them even to have a lock of her hair or a portion of her ashes when her body is cremated.

The fact that her parents wanted her to be buried in Florida, so they can tend her grave and lay flowers there is being utterly ignored by Michael Schiavo in favour of her being cremated and buried in Pennsylvania, where Terry grew up and where his family have a burial plot.

He will not even divulge where and when the cremation is to take place, so that her family cannot be there...all under his claim that he wants Terry`s funeral to be private and not a media spectacle.

I`m sorry, but I was brought up to believe that people should be treated with kindness in their hour of grief, not with this level of cruel and inhuman disregard of common decency.
I feel so desperately sorry for the Schindler family . To be denied any tangible reminder of their daughter is cruel; to be refused permission to even say goodbye at a respectful funeral goes beyond the pale.

I know we are not supposed to judge others, but equally we are not supposed to remain silent in the face of outright cruelty and injustice. Michael Schiavo`s behaviour and actions have been and continue to be legal, but they are also immoral, cruel and plain wrong.

May God grant him - and all of us - grace and time to repent of all sins.
Lord, have mercy.
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: