Monday, April 16, 2007

Orthodox Roundup

Christ is Risen !

Home-schooling - the benefits and drawbacks- has been in the news here over the last few weeks, with concerns that parents are not teaching their children enough. I was very interested to read this summary of a RC mother`s homeschooling day

It seems very comprehensive to me and is able to include a fair amount of appropriate religious education; would any of my homeschooling readers like to share their own experiences ?

Some brilliant blogposts appeaared about Holy Week, and I know it is a little late, but I thought I would share my favourites :-)

Joshua asks "How long would you stand and listen to the reading of the gospel – the good news of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ – the story of his pilgrimage from the upper room to the garden tomb?"

Christopher gives a wonderful account of Holy Week in the Holy Land in 1846 by Monk Parthenius .

James talks about killing God

Mimi provides the Paschal greeting from all around the world`s languages !

Fr Joseph provides a plethora of Paschal pictures (I rather liked that sentence !)

Mary Brigid ponders on Bright Week

Christopher posts excerpts from Scott Cairns` magnificent, poetic essay on his experiences on the Holy Mountain. and Fr Stephen talks about the importance of truly "hearing" Scripture as opposed to simply listening to it.....

Monica talks about how eavesdropping on murder at a doctor`s clinic in Romania affected her, and James ponders the morality of imposing circumcision on infants to protect them from sexually transmitted diseases rather than teaching them abstinence before marriage.

Dave Holford ponders the point of the Turkish government renovating an Armenian church and then refusing to let anyone use it, and archaeology may have discovered the truth behind the Titulus Crucis


I think that`s all for now, folks :-)



Share with friends using the share button below.

1 comment:

DebD said...

Oooh, I am not familiar with most of these. I can't wait to check them out.

Thanks so much for doing this, you always find such good stuff.

Deb