The task is to name four of your favourite Saints, one who was well on the way to sanctity, is widely venerated already and very likely to be made a Saint in due course, and one who isn`t yet publicly declared a saint but probably should be made a Saint.
My votes:
St John of Shanghai and San Francisco
St Benedict of Nursia
St Barsanuphius of Optina
St Spyridon
Blessed:
Fr Seraphim Rose
Should be made a Saint :
Elder Cleopa of Romania
or
Elder Porphyrios of Greece.
Who would you choose ?
I tag Mimi, Deb, S-P and Ian from Oz.......... and anyone else who wants to play.
Feel free to vehemently disagree with my choices in the last two categories :-)
4 comments:
Oh gracious. I will have a hard time with the 2nd question as I don't know so many.
I finished my Meme... it was fun pondering this one.
Deb
It was fun, wasn`t it ?
Oooh, very interesting. Thanks. I like your choices.
Post a Comment