Hehehehe.
Only the 8th of January and I have been tagged already, thanks to MaryPoppinsNOT :-)
She asks about six things peculiar to me. Well, my family would probably ask did you mean the first six hundred or the first six thousand , LOL.
1/ simply has to be hating having my hair touched or messed with by anyone else. Even family members.
I really dread the propect of having it done at the hairdressers. I hate having other people wash my hair, comb it, anything. Yuck.
It is a year since I last went to have my hair done, and I really need to go again soon. Gulp.
2/ I like going to the dentist. Seriously.
After a half lifetime of dreading going, I actually quite enjoy it now, despite invariably having to have fillings due to "dry mouth" syndrome. It might possibly have something to do with being "child-free" whilst in the dentist`s chair and not having to answer requests to do things, find things or deal with squabbling :-)
3/ I am physically and mentally incapable of walking past a bookshop. I have to go in and look around, even if I don`t buy anything at all.
4/ The thought of operating a sewing machine brings me out in a cold sweat, though I will happily knit complex Fair-Isle designs on jumpers. I blame it all on terrifying sewing lessons in secondary school.........
5/ I have actually read every single one of the huge number of books I have ever bought or ever been given, unlike my husband, who has only read four books in the last six years, and three of those were the first three Harry Potter books.
Unlike me, he has watched every DVD in the house whereas I have only watched about a quarter :-)
6/ I collect tea-towels. Every place we visit on holiday, I buy a souvenir tea-towel, and have done this for the last 23 years. Each day when I dry up the dishes, I get to relive happy memories of visits to nice places by using the tea-towels.
1 comment:
Oooh, tea towels - what a great collection.
And, I'm like you - I often wander away from the movie that is being watched to read.
Post a Comment