Friday, June 09, 2006

One of Those Weeks

On Monday, DD4 complained and cried because Daddy had to go to work and wouldn`t be home till Weds night.
And she complained ! Sobbed and wailed for over an hour.
Tuesday morning the same, and was very clingy when I took her to school.
I had just got on the bus and paid for my ticket to go to town to meet up with my mum, when I had a phone call from school to say DD4 was not well. Luckily the bus goes right past the school, so I hopped off and picked her up.

It looked like another urinary tract infection, but she had only just finished a course of antibiotics for a dental infection, so I phoned the doctor and got an appointment for 12.20.
We caught another bus up to town, and met my mum until it was time to take little one to the doctor.

A MSU has been sent to the lab, plus another course of Trimethoprim started and a referral to the Consultant to investigate the cause of the infections.
I have been testing her urine daily since with Multistix, and there is still something amiss as there is still protein and white blood cells in the urine, although she is mercifully asymptomatic.

Tuesday afternoon she spent happily playing outside in the glorious sunshine , until she came in and said "Mummy, Basil`s got your bracelet!" (which is what she calls my set of black bead prayer rope). The wretched dog had been in my handbag and taken it out !!

I ran into the garden to find that the rope had disappeared and Abby duly informed me that Basil had eaten it. I checked his mouth, no sign.
I walked all over the garden, no sign.
I was upset and cross that I had not zipped up my handbag, and then worried about the effect of a set of prayer beads in a dog`s digestive tract. I know we have pet insurance, but I still didn`t want to have the dog needing surgery :-)

DH was sufficiently concerned to come home Tuesday night and book some annual leave , so Abby and Helen were delighted to have Daddy home.

On Wednesday, however, I found the dog hiding things in the back of the bushes in the shrubbery, and guess what was there ? My prayer rope ! It has been dutifully cleaned and is drying out. Whew.

Things are starting to get back to normal, thank Heaven !
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: