Floella Benjamin's wonderful book details her childhood experiences of dealing with life in Britain as an immigrant. Suitable for children, and lovingly written.
"We Bought A Zoo" is the story of a family who did just that, and the problems they faced. Parts of it are desperately sad, but an enjoyable read.
"It's A Don's Life" by Professor Mary Beard is a rollicking good read, which reduced me to giggles on more than one occasion. She has a lovely writing style and such a keen wit that I was very sad indeed to reach the end of the book. The book is a compilation of posts originally from her eponymous blog and I particularly loved the decision to include the comments readers left on each blog post - these range from the sublime to the ridiculous, but many were very informative.
Living on a remote Scottish island for a year with a group of people and being as self-sufficient as possible would be a fascinating experience if you were with a group of friends, but imagine how much more stressful it would be if you were among strangers.........
"Rogues' Gold" is a children's Elizabethan period mustery, which I really enjoyed although my twelve year old struggled to get through the first chapter.
"Payback" is another teenage - orientated Andy McNab book. A gripping read, and very informative, especially about the Dark Web.
Both of these were absolute delights!
"Wesley" is the story of a biologist who was privileged to adopt a baby owl, and her subsequent life with Wesley.
Martin Clunes' "A Dog's Life" shows his great love of dogs in general and his own three in particular, and is tied in with the TV documentary series he made about man's relationships with dogs.






2 comments:
So glad you enjoyed the blog book! Thanks.. Mary
I always love these posts, and have added a couple of books to my wish list.
But, I giggled at "mustery" I think your DD may have had that opinion. That's one I'm adding, by the way.
Post a Comment