Monday, May 14, 2007

A Blessing

Yesterday was truly an unexpected blessing.

DH tends to get fairly stressed on Sundays, winding himself back up into "work mode" for Monday. His job is stressful, complex and requiring minute attention to every detail.
We`d had a busy week to boot with various deliveries of things for the house and the requisite building of things from flatpacks, which is never fun :-)

I didn`t even mention that there was a service yesterday, not wishing to be deflated if he decided he really didn`t feel up to a 5 hour round trip by the time travelling, food and Liturgy were combined.

Our attendance at church is erratic, to say the least, and the services in the town we go to are fortnightly anyway, so quite horrifying gaps can appear in our family churchgoing with terrifying ease. We hadn`t been since Agape vespers at Pascha.

Imagine my immense surprise when at 09.15am DH says to me, "is there a service today ?".

I just nodded, slightly speechless.

"Would you like to go ?"
I could only nod in delight, and whizz off to get ready.

We made it for the whole Liturgy, the kids were really well behaved and Helen helped with the singing, standing with Presvytera. I was asked to do the post-communion prayers, which I love.

DH seemed to enjoy himself, and the whole day was an absolutely radiant blessing.

Glory to God !
Share with friends using the share button below.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Good heavens, what an *enormous* blessing! I hope it helped de-stress him.

Mimi said...

Wheeeeeeeeeee! Wonderful news!