Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Fit For A Church Newspaper ?

I buy the Church Times every week, mainly for the great book reviews and also for the news articles.
This current issue surprised me, because there were people I know (albeit only slightly) in there !

A couple who run a grocery shop decided to branch out into running a Christian cyber-sex shop for married couples , and their web site has been mentioned in several of the major newspapers in the UK, though I must admit to being a bit surprised to see a double page spread on them in the Church Times.......

When I showed it to DH (a non-churchgoing believer) he was absolutely appalled that this should have been mentioned in a Church newspaper.

This did rather surprise me, and I pointed out several articles about the impending schisms within Anglicanism/Episcopalianism due to things like gay rights etc, which seem to merit acres of print space.

For some reason , this did not seem to bother him, whereas the thought of a Christian marital aids website offended his sensibilities quite strongly. Considering he is a placid, easy-going person, I was surprised at his vehemence about this.

The couple state they only believe in sex within marriage, and that it is a gift from God to be cherished and enjoyed, but DH still wasn`t convinced the topic was fit to be printed in such a forum........
Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: