It is absolutely bitterly cold today .
I am sitting here wearing T shirt, thick jumper, woollen jacket, tights, trousers, socks and slippers and I *still* have a wool rug over my lap and legs .
I`m not hot, just comfortably warm !!
There was a really heavy frost this morning, and the pond in the field we pass each day is frozen solid. The main lake isn`t frozen yet, but it soon will be.
Despite the cold, it is a lovely sunny day.
Long may it continue :-)
In the garden recently there have been :-
a wren,
a song thrush,
female and male blackbirds,
a blue tit,
a magpie,
jackdaws
and a curlew flying overhead.
I don`t think the five planes overhead count as nature, despite their wings........
I will be watching the ducks to see if we have any visiting birds when I go to pick the girls up this afternoon. Good birdwatching weather :-)
4 comments:
I can imagine the scenery so well through your posts!
It's bitterly cold here too, and my central heating doesn't appear to be making the slightest difference. Brrr.
Today was rainy here, so I wore my long raincoat instead of the (heavier) jacket which I can keep on all day. My co-workers were amused that I was wearing my hat and scarf most of the day. (Okay, I helped by saying I felt like I was dressed like a snowman.)
oh gee...we had clouds today. It was a bitter 78 degrees. I had to wear long sleeves.
Post a Comment