Sunday, June 07, 2015

A Bookshop Of Wonders And Delights

I recently went with my daughter to one of the Bath Universities' (yes, there are two!) Open Days, and as luck and good planning would have it, we had time for a nice wander through the streets of a very busy Bath.

The best part of our day, without any shadow of a doubt, was discovering this amazingly wonderful independent bookshop; needless to say, we emerged with four books. If funds and our weary arms would have allowed, we would have brought home many, many more books....


                                  Welcome to "Mr B's Emporium Of Reading Delights"!




A very nice selection indeed of children's and Young Adult books,
 nicely laid out.....








Always plenty of places to sit and read, 
and some wonderfully quirky plays on words!




We saw several people having fun 
with the magnetic letters :-)





Not only one floor of books - there is a tantalising 
sign showing the way upstairs!




And on the way up, oodles of Tintin comic strips!





Hints, suggestions, laminated sheaves of book reviews
to give you ideas of what you  might enjoy reading next.




Comfortable chairs and complimentary tea and coffee
to make your browsing experience even more enjoyable.



 

The walk downstairs holds poetry galore.
Downstairs itself holds history, politics, religion, 
philosophy, current affairs, economics, 
health, psychology and more delights.








And a fun ceiling, which I only noticed when 
Dear Daughter pointed it out to me. 
I blame that on the fact that I am waiting for my new 
glasses to be delivered to the Optician's next week!



Friendly, welcoming, helpful and extremely
 knowledgeable staff made this the perfect bookshop experience. 
They were very happy to allow me to take 
these photographs of their super shop.

Do go and visit them at 
14/15 John Street, Bath BA1  2JL 
if you get the chance - you won't regret it!

Share with friends using the share button below.

4 comments:

Nellie said...

This is my favourite bookshop of them all. Treat yourself to one of their reading spas - the best gift for a booklover ever invented! I have some reviews on my blog here: http://fennellbooks.co.uk/journal/2015/3/21/mr-bs-reading-spa-no-7

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Hi Nellie,
I am in total agreement with you - my daughter and I said on the way home that it is the best bookshop we have ever visited and if it wasn't for the fact it cost us £40 (and that was with a discount railcard!) to travel from Wales to Bath, we would be there most weeks!

GretchenJoanna said...

That shop is now on my must-see (and stay a while) list for my next visit to England, even though it would seem a shame to visit it only once. Thank you for sharing the details.

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

We loved it and still talk about it often, GretchenJoanna :-)