Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Guardian

The Guardian

By Beverley Lewis

Published by Bethany House Publishers, March 2013


A teacher whose beloved sister has died, causing her to lose faith in God and to be afraid to commit to having children when she marries her fiance for fear of losing them too...

A young child whom she finds wandering alone and lost out in the countryside...

A widow raising her young family and coming to terms with the loss of her husband and now the loss of her beloved youngest daughter...

A tightly-knit Amish community with its far share of worries and problems who join forces to search for a missing child....

This is without doubt the best Beverley Lewis book I have read, and the one with utterly believable and very memorable main characters. I laughed, I cried, I worried and I rejoiced with them, and was sad to reach the end of the book and have to bid them farewell.

Share with friends using the share button below.

No comments: